Part of the Second Saturday Kids Movie Series
Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas at SteelStacks
2016 | PG | 124 Minutes
"Queen of Katwe" is the colorful true story of a young girl selling corn on the streets of rural Uganda whose world rapidly changes when she is introduced to the game of chess, and, as a result of the support she receives from her family and community, is instilled with the confidence and determination she needs to pursue her dream of becoming an international chess champion.
This is a FREE screening. Please reserve tickets by calling 610-332-3378 or in person at the ArtsQuest Center Box Office.
This screening will be specifically geared towards children with autism in that:
House lights will stay on, though dimmed.
- Volume will be slightly lower than a regular screening.
- There will be no previews.
- Families with special dietary needs will be allowed to bring food from home.
- Walking/strolling during the movie is okay.
- Talking during the movie is okay.
- Stimming (self-regulating behavior) is encouraged.
If you have any questions regarding this screening, please write to ArtsQuest Programming Director Ryan Hill at email@example.com.
Lehigh Valley Health Network Reilly Children's Hospital
Sensory-Friendly: Queen of Katwe