ASERT is a statewide initiative funded by the Bureau of Autism Services, PA Department of Public Welfare. The ASERT (Autism Services, Education, Resources, and Training) Collaborative is a key component of the Bureau of Autism’s strategy for supporting individuals with autism and their families throughout the Commonwealth. It is our vision that ASERT will connect existing resources and pockets of expertise, and address the regional gaps in effective services and supports.
The ASERT Collaborative is a partnership of medical centers, centers of autism research and services, universities and other providers of services involved in the treatment and care of individuals of all ages with autism and their families. The ASERT Collaborative has been designed to bring together resources locally, regionally, and statewide.
There are three ASERT regions (Western, Central, and Eastern) working together to streamline resources and share expertise across the Commonwealth. Each ASERT region is charged with understanding the needs of their respective region, including the needs of the most rural regions of the state and the most underserved populations.
The ASERT Mission
To enhance the lives of Pennsylvanians with autism of all ages and abilities by:
- Improving regional access to quality services and interventions
- Providing information and support to families
- Training professionals in best practices
- Facilitating connections between individuals, families, professionals, and providers throughout the Commonwealth
How ASERT Can Help
How can ASERT help individuals with autism, their families, their communities, and the providers who support them?
- Learn about Pennsylvania’s census numbers and Needs Assessment findings.
- Get tips on finding the best supports for yourself, your family member, or the individuals you work with.
- Connect with other individuals with autism and their families.
One of our staff members will be pleased to speak with you about how to identify and communicate with information and resources in your region.
Check out the events tab at PAautism.org to find upcoming events where ASERT will be presenting or attending.
ASERT’s outreach specialists are available to attend and provide information at a variety of local, regional, and national events. To contact an ASERT outreach specialist, email email@example.com or call the resource center at (877) 231-4244.