As the end of the school year winds down, you may notice your child getting more and more stressed. With papers, assignments, and final exams coming up, you may be wondering how you can help. Here are several tips you can use with your child to help them deal with end-of-year school stress.
1. Prepare early. Make sure you and your child are aware of what they have coming up. Sit down together and make a list of everything due, including important due dates.
2. Break things down. Help your child break down assignments and studying into smaller parts. By doing so, you can help make them less stressful and more manageable.
3. Get organized. Use a calendar or planner to help your child get organized and have them check this every day to keep on track.
4. Stay positive. While your child may think that it is impossible to manage all of their work, help them stay positive. Remind them that they can achieve all their goals and get through this rough patch. Also, remind them that summer is almost here!
5. Make time for fun. Just because there is a lot of work to do, does not mean your child should forget about the fun stuff. Make time for fun or relaxing activities. This will help improve their mood and lower stress.
6. Healthy body, healthy mind. Make sure your child is getting enough sleep and eatingwell-balanced meals. Also, make sure they are keeping active and exercising.
7. Talk it out. Don’t forget to talk with your child about their stress. Sometimes just letting them vent can help.
8. Seek out support. If your child is confused by their school work, remind them to reach out to their teacher and ask for support. That’s what teachers are there for!