ODP Announcement: The purpose of this communication is to announce that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved ODP's Consolidated and Person/Family Directed Support (PFDS) waivers.
The approval of both waivers, effective July 1, introduces the most significant changes to the ODP system since the waivers were first established in 1983 for the Consolidated Waiver and 1999 for the PFDS waiver. The approved waivers enable us to act on the values and recommendations in Everyday Lives - Values in Action to align our program with the federal HCBS requirements.
Among the many changes are:
1. Expanded eligibility to people with autism and to children from birth;
2. Expanded opportunities for community engagement through the new Community Participation Supports services;
3. Expanded employment supports by adding Advanced Supported Employment, Benefits Counseling, transportation for those in residential homes, and by raising the PFDS cap for individuals who receive employment services;
4. Promotion of physical and mental health wellness through art, music, and equine-assisted therapy, consultative nutritional services, and communication specialist;
5. Increased supports for families and increased opportunities for relationship-based living arrangements through the expansion of life sharing to people living with relatives as well as the addition of four new services: supported living (Consolidated waiver only), Family/Caregiver Training and Support (both waivers), Housing Transition and Tenancy Sustaining services (both waivers), Participant directed goods and services (PFDS waiver only).
6. Streamlining monitoring processes by launching a new Quality Assurance & Improvement process (QA&I) designed to conduct a review of Administrative Entities (AE), Supports Coordination Organizations (SCO) and providers by focusing on the experience of individuals throughout the system.
among many others...
Please see the supplemental announcement below for further details.